Alpha Flight Services Pty Ltd, ABN 89 064 142 418 respects your privacy and commits to protecting your personal information, whilst complying with the Australian Privacy Act 1998 (Cth), and the Australian Privacy Principles. The following notice is designed to help you understand how your personal information is collected, processed, retained and shared by Alpha.
This Privacy Statement explains in general terms how Alpha Flight Services* collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information under the Australian Privacy Principles.
We may amend this Privacy Statement as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on the Jetstar Duty Free website. We may also issue specific privacy collection notices from time-to-time relating to particular products or services.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to Alpha Flight Services’ employee records.
Information We Collect
The types of personal information that we collect about you will depend on our relationship with you, the circumstances of collection and the type of service you request from us. The personal information may include:
- Your name, gender, date of birth, contact details, passport details, image and answer to a security question (for example, mother's maiden name);
- Details related to your flights and other travel details,
- Payment details (such as credit/debit card number and expiry date) provided in connection with the purchase of our products and services; and
- My Jetstar and Club Jetstar membership details, Qantas Frequent Flyer number, and membership details of any other loyalty programs.
If you are an employee travelling or obtaining other products or services in relation to one of our corporate, business or government clients, we may also collect information about your role with the client, your employment type, your employee number, your start date with the client and details of any employer paid travel arrangements.
How We Collect Information
We may collect personal information about you when you use our services or purchase our goods, via the Jetstar Duty Free website. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. These third parties may include:
- Travel agents and other people who make or update travel bookings on your behalf, or otherwise interact with us on your behalf, including when you make an inquiry with a travel agent but do not proceed to a booking;
- Our service providers such as operators of our corporate travel functions or call centres;
- Third parties that run competitions and other promotions for us or for which we are the sponsor;
- Other companies within Jetstar and companies in the Qantas Group**; and
- Jetstar branded entities that are not related bodies corporate of Jetstar.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and administer our goods and services, including verifying your identify; contacting you about your orders; processing payments; training our staff; testing our systems; and managing your interaction with our suppliers;
- To provide and operate our competitions, promotions and events;
- To distribute our newsletters and other communications either ourselves or with the assistance of third party services providers;
- For customer support, including resolving and providing assistance for mishandled or missing baggage claims or responding to other enquiries or requests;
- To conduct marketing activities for our products and services, or products and services of third parties;
- To conduct market and other research and analysis to improve our products, services and marketing activities, including contacting you for feedback about your experience with us; and
- To maintain records and comply with our legal obligations, including laws relating to immigration, customs and border security.
We use the personal information we collect when you are logged into the Jetstar Duty Free website or when you access the Jetstar Duty Free website by following a link on a JetMail email, to monitor the use of, and improve, the information and functions on the Jetstar Duty Free website, understand your preferences and provide you with information about our products and services and our partners' products and services which we think may interest you.
We do not on sell your personal details to any 3rd party externally (outside of Alpha Flight Services, Jetstar or Qantas) for the purpose of undertaking any marketing activity.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may also disclose your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, including to various law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and governments around the world and their service providers for security, customs and immigration purposes.
Your information may also be shared between companies within Jetstar and companies in the Qantas Group.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. This website and associated websites (including those you reach by clicking on advertising) may store cookies on your web browser.
The main reasons we store cookies are to:
- Improve your website browsing experience. For example, to remember your search criteria so you don't have to re-enter them to do multiple searches and to remember your site preferences for your next visit to the site;
- Gather statistics on site usage. For example, page views and drop off points so we can monitor site usage and make improvements to site usability; and
- Enable us to present customised and appropriate messages from Alpha Flight Services and third parties.
If you are a My Jetstar or Club Jetstar member and are logged into your account, the information we collect via cookies may be linked with your personal information.
You can set up most web browsers so you are notified of when a cookie is received, so you can then either accept or reject it. You can also check the cookies stored by your web browser and remove any that you do not want.
How We Hold Information and Keep it Secure
We hold your personal information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files. We use third party information system providers who may store or have access to your personal information.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from our partners or third parties.
When you purchase or access the Jetstar Duty Free website a secure server is used. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through this website.
Disclosure of Information Overseas
In the course of providing our services, we may disclose your personal information to companies within Jetstar and the Qantas Group and third parties located overseas who assist us in providing our goods and associated services, and law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and governments for security, customs and immigration purposes. These parties may be located in any country to which you travel to or through with us or our partner airlines.
We may also disclose your personal information to our service providers located overseas, including in Singapore.
Your personal information may be shared with Jetstar branded entities that are not related bodies corporate of Alpha Flight Services, some of which are located overseas in Vietnam, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan.
Access & Correction of Information About You
If you would like to request access to, or correction of, your personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details in the section titled 'Our Contact Details'.
We will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception which applies under the Australian Privacy Principles.
We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information. However, we will not charge you for the making of the request or to correct or update your personal information.
Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with within a reasonable time.
If we refuse to provide you with access to, or correct, the information, we will notify you of our reasons for refusal to the extent required and how you may complain about the refusal.
Privacy Complaints and Further Information
If you have a concern about your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please contact us using the details below. We will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Our Contact Details
Jetshop Duty Free Customer Service
P.O Box 1006 Mascot, NSW 2020, Australia.
Monday to Friday 9am – 4pm AEST / AEDT
Phone 1800 013 639 within Australia
*Alpha Flight Services means Alpha Flight Services Airways Pty Ltd and its Alpha Flight Services-branded related bodies corporate.
Jetstar means Jetstar Airways Pty Ltd and its Jetstar-branded related bodies corporate.